Keen to kick start your career? Do you thrive on responsibility?
With an FMG insurance apprenticeship, you can earn as you learn, gain a professional qualification and even secure a permanent role with us along with the possibility of continuing your professional qualifications.
Apprenticeships at FMG
At FMG we value talent joining our business and you making a difference to our customers. Our apprenticeships are designed for enthusiastic individuals who want to work towards an exciting career in our ambitious and vibrant organisation. You’ll get the chance to gain practical experience and learn new skills along with an industry recognised qualification with the complete support and guidance from your manager, apprenticeship mentor and training provider.
With our apprenticeships in insurance, you can expect to receive:
- A competitive salary of £14,500
- The opportunity to secure a permanent role at the end of the programme
- Dedicated support from your business area
- A training mentor who will meet with your regularly to develop and monitor your individual learning plan
- A Level 3 Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) professional qualification
- Dedicated study time every week
- The opportunity to progress to our higher apprenticeship programme – foundation degree, based on individual performance
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- A support network amongst your fellow insurance apprentices’, being part of a group of 10
About the apprenticeship
As an insurance practitioner you will study for a Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) along with professional registration to the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). You will learn the structure of the insurance market, insurance law, products and services along with risk, regulation and commercial awareness in the insurance sector. In addition you will train as a claims handler, fulfilling a role within our operation. Your apprenticeship will include a 6 month rotation of different operational areas gaining knowledge within our first notification of loss, claims management and broker teams. Your role will predominantly be telephony-based, both inbound and outbound, assisting our customers with their insurance claims, ensuring complete accuracy in all customer interactions with a ‘getting things right, first time, every time’ approach. You’ll demonstrate enthusiasm and a thirst for leaning whilst working in the relevant business area, along with building and maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues across the business.
There’ll be some hard work to get your teeth into but as you progress, so will your pay.
The key skills you will require for this role include:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be punctual, well presented and armed with a ‘ready for work’ mindset
- The ability to work in a team and a fast paced environment
- Effective personal planning and organisation skills
- Excellent IT skills including good user knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Understanding of the value of customer service
- The know-how to handle varying workloads and pressures
- Appetite to learn and achieve professional qualifications
- A professional attitude with a positive ‘can do’ approach to your work
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C/4 including Maths and English
- A-Level or equivalent would be advantageous
- Previous work experience would be desirable, but not essential
- Flexibility to work within varying shifts covering 8am till 8pm during a 40 hour week
We have a number of apprenticeship roles starting in September 2019. To find out more or apply, please contact our recruitment team: