H I S T O R Y
FMG was established in 1986 in Huddersfield, and we remain one of the major private employers in the town. Over the last 25 years we have experienced substantial growth in our core incident management markets.
In February 2008, we secured the exclusive ‘National Vehicle Recovery Manager’ contract, awarded by the UK Highways Agency and broadened our public sector offering with contracts with several police forces and other public authorities. In 2009, we commenced the roll-out of a new, best-in-class, operational system, called Ingenium. The system continues to provide a stable, scalable and readily adaptable platform for all our business activities, typically starting with the first notification of loss.
In 2009, we embarked upon our Journey to Excellence programme aimed at achieving the highest levels of process management. For more information on our ISO accreditation across all business activities, click here
FMG took an important strategic decision in late 2011. Whilst continuing to specialise in the provision of Incident Management to the highest possible standards, we committed to proactively helping drivers to avoid the cost and personal distress of incidents altogether. Our ‘prevention is better than cure’ strategy was heavily developed, including a suite of management information and traditional risk management products. We also launched Ingenium Dynamics, a world-class driver behaviour system, utilising in-vehicle telematics.
Throughout our history, FMG has placed great emphasis on people development and twice in recent years, we have been recognised as a ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’.
Here are a few highlights from FMG’s recent history:
- 2006: Developed relationships with major leasing companies LeasePlan, GE, Leasedrive and Alphabet.
- 2008: Selected as the first National Vehicle Recovery Manager for the Highways Agency.
- 2009: Launched Ingenium Dynamics, a driver behaviour intelligence system designed to improve driver safety and reduce fleet costs by preventing accidents from happening in the first place.
- 2009: Embarked upon a journey to excellence, achieving major business accreditation from the British Standards Institute (BSI).
- 2010: Secured vehicle recovery contracts with a number of Police Forces.
- 2010 and 2011: Recognised as a centre for employment excellence by appearing on the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for list.
- 2012: FMG Support rebranded as FMG, adopting the strapline ‘Thinking ahead’ and the simple message ‘Prevention is better than cure’.
- 2014: Achieved certification to ISO39001 (Road Traffic Safety) and maintained our Investors in people accreditations for a further 3 years
Today, FMG is the UK’s only incident management and roadside services specialist committed to reduce the frequency and impact of incidents. We deliver business-critical, 24-hour vehicle and driver support to blue chip clients, four of the top ten leasing companies, the Highways Agency, several Police Authorities and leading fleet insurers. We manage over 220,000 motor incidents and repairs on an annual basis, achieving industry-leading vehicle off road (VOR) times and repair costs.